Here is a list of things you may want to know:
1. Payment Policy?
- When you book a Wedding with Jenuine Creations, LLC a non-refundable $750.00 retainer is due to hold the date, at the time of a signed contract. The remaining balance is due three weeks before the scheduled Wedding date.
- For Senior Portrait or Family Portrait Sessions, we require a $50.00 non-refundable retainer and signed contract to reserve a session. The balance of the clients account is due before any images are taken.
- To reserve a Picture Perfect Session, we require a $25.00 non-refundable retainer and signed contract to reserve a session. The balance of the clients account is due before any images are taken.
- For Corporate Sessions or Events, we require a $250.00 non-refundable retainer and signed contract to reserve a date. The balance of the clients account is due before any images are taken.
We currently accept cash, checks (made out to: Jenuine Creatons) Mastercard, Discover and Visa. If you are wondering why we charge up front, well we have learned a few times a very hard lesson that dealing with money up front is just a better policy. We hope this is not an inconvenience for you.
2. Why not have my cousin's-mothers-friend take my pictures for free or at a lower price?
Your cousin's-mothers-friend can use their nice camera to take nice Senior, Family or even Wedding photographs for you, so why pay the money to have us do the photography? The answer? We are so glad you asked =)
Jenuine Creations, LLC not only invests in our business with great equipment, Liability Insurance and Professionalism but also in our talent with workshops and classes for both photography and post production. We are members of Professional Photographers of West Michigan (PPWM), members of Professional Photographers of Michigan (PPM), Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and Jennifer is a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) through PPA and the Professional Photographic Certification Commission and we are also members of the Ada Business Association.
One of our many goals is to always learn and grow within the Photgraphic Art Industry. We want to put our hearts and souls into creating and capturing beautiful, distinctive portraits that you will have for a lifetime.
Here are some articles from PPA about Professional Photography.
- Wedding Photography: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Senior Photography: 10 Tips for the Photos You Want
- Certification makes a Difference
Here is another fun link to a website called Average Cost of a Wedding. You can type in your current zip code to compare what the average cost of a Wedding is today and then break that down by category. This may be a easy way to help you decide your Wedding budget and give you realistic expectations when planning.
3. Do you retouch your images?
All of our images are sent through post production editing. This includes minor skin retouching, color correction and artistic editing. There is no extra charge for this service. However, please understand that heavy editing can be time consuming, which may lengthen your turnaround time.
Extras like braces and blemish removal, are time consuming and require an additional charge per image.
4. What is the turn around time on the online proof gallery?
This can take up to two weeks for Portraits and four to six weeks for Weddings. However, we will usually post a preview of 5-10 of our favorite photographs for you to view on FACEBOOK and the BLOG until the entire gallery is available to view.